AM1 to CMS Builder

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 13, 2009   (RSS)

By steve_e - February 13, 2009

Hi -
I have Article Manager version 1 to generate the articles and article index pages on one of my sites - and I also installed CMS Builder last year on the same site, just for specific bits of content and to see what it was like (and I'm pleased to say it's very good to use).

I was thinking until recently of upgrading from AM1 to AM2, but I was wondering whether it would be better just to convert completely over to CMS Builder, and was wondering, before I go ploughing in, what the best way would be to re-publish or export/import existing articles from AM1 to CMS Builder. Is there a fairly straightforward way of doing this? Or is it going to involve cutting the html out of the existing articles and pasting them into the CMS Builder sections manually and individually?

Regards, Steve

Re: [steve_e] AM1 to CMS Builder

By Dave - February 13, 2009

Hi Steve,

There's no automated way to do it. So you'd either be copying and pasting, or you could try upgrading to AM2 to get the data in MySQL and then moving it over from there. Anyway you do it, it will probably be a fair bit of work.

How many articles and uploads do you have?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [steve_e] AM1 to CMS Builder

By Dave - February 13, 2009

I'd get the CMS part all setup and then decide. It easy enough to leave them as html files for now and slowly import them over time. We could write a custom script to do it but it would probably be cheaper to just do the data entry for under 200 articles.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com