Error message after CMSB installation

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 12, 2009   (RSS)

Hi, All.

I just installed CMS Builder on a client's server and got the following error message when I ran admin.php:

======

This program requires the PHP 'GD' extension.
Please ask your server administrator to install missing PHP extension(s).

PHP doesn't support jpegs (or thumbnails). Please ask your server administrator to recompile PHP with jpeg support.
Server Administrators: imagecreatefromjpeg() isn't defined. Search these comments on php.net for 'undefined function' for more details.

======

Please can someone advise what I need to do to correct this?

Cheers,
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Re: [NigelGordijk] Error message after CMSB installation

By Dave - February 3, 2009

Hi Nigel,

Sounds like that host doesn't have GD module installed. This is the standard module used for manipulating images. You can either email them and ask them to fix it (they should) or we can comment out that error but then automatic thumbnailing won't work.

You could try emailing your host and asking them to install the GD module for PHP.

Let me know what they say or if you just want to bypass it.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Error message after CMSB installation

Thanks, Dave.
Nigel Gordijk

Re: [NigelGordijk] Error message after CMSB installation

Hi, Dave.

I think the server issue has been resolved, but I'm now getting the following error message when I run http://www.bikramyogawhiterock.com/cmsAdmin/admin.php:

======

Warning: rename(C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php.default,C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php): Permission denied in C:\errata\uweb\bikramyogawhiterock\cmsAdmin\lib\init.php on line 173 Error renaming 'C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php.default' : rename(C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php.default,C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php): Permission denied! Make sure this file and it's directory are writable!

======

Any idea why this might be, please?
Nigel Gordijk