Archiving

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 9, 2009   (RSS)

By design9 - February 5, 2009

Is there a way to archive data? I am using a single page viewer that has title and content fields (content uses the WYSIWYG editor) and each day our web editors will create a daily post of content. This content changes daily but wondering if there is a way to archive each post each day before they change the post the following day. It would also be great if the archived posts could reside on another page.

Thanks!

April

Re: [apdance9] Archiving

By Kenny - February 5, 2009 - edited: February 5, 2009

Hi April,

What you may want to do in this case is create a Multi Record section instead of a Single Record section.

When you generate your code for the page this content of the day goes on, choose to only show one record. If you have the sorting set to "date DESC" then it will only show the latest post made.

Then create a separate archive section on your website, but now choose to show all records.

Make sense?

Let me know if you have questions.

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] Archiving

By design9 - February 9, 2009

Yes, that makes sense. I was thinking about what I need to do more and I need the single daily post information that goes on the home page to be a summary of the post. Where I can limit the amount of characters that the editors write. Then have the main post that shows on the archive page be the full post. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

April