Can I use cmsb to manage other existing mysyl tables

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 7, 2009   (RSS)

By markr - February 6, 2009

Let's say I have form data in an existing table and I want to let my client have "some" access thereto. Client is in love with cmsb so I don't want to subject her to phpmyAdmin or something else with too much power. I need a "lite" mysql editor I can put on one of my cmsb pages.

But cmsb is a mysql editor, duh, and it can be deployed in a "lite" manner. So my question...is it possible to connect cmsb with other data tables so client has uniform interface with site and other "non-cmsb" data?

Re: [markr] Can I use cmsb to manage other existing mysyl tables

By Kenny - February 6, 2009

Markr,

In a short answer - yes - CMSB can control other non-cmsb data. I have "married" CMSB a few times with some other simple programs.

The longer answer is how to do it. It can get complicated depending on how the non-cmsb program inputs data. Your tables in CMSB probably have the prefix cms_ and your other data would most likely need to as well unless you can develop a workaround.

You'll still have to create all of the fields in CMSB that are in your other program and basically tell the other program to connect to that MySQL table. Using something like phpMyAdmin will make it a lot easier, as well.

There is no easy answer that will fit all situations, but it can be done.

Kenny