Portrait and Landscape Thumbnails in Lightbox/CMSB Gallery

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 16, 2009   (RSS)

By Kittybiccy - January 15, 2009

Hello, I have a site that is using Lightbox to run the gallery. The client wants to be able to add photos at a later date but I'm sure that they will want to add a mixture of portrait and landscape ones.

Do you know how I can make Lightbox do this, CMSB lets you have thumbnail 1 and 2 - is this relevant?

I also would like to be able to add a whatif clause to add an extra page when they start putting in lots of images so that the page doesn't become too long. What would I need to do to get this?

Thanks for any replies, this is my first CMSB site and I haven't made it easy for myself!

Re: [Kittybiccy] Portrait and Landscape Thumbnails in Lightbox/CMSB Gallery

By Dave - January 15, 2009

Hi Kittybiccy, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

The first step is to create a mockup of the page your want to have. Are you able to post an url of that?

Next, they should be able to upload portrait or landscape photos. What was the issue there?

The simplest way to do paging would be to have a record for each upload (create an upload field with a max uploads value of 1). Then you could use the default list viewer with it's paging code.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Kittybiccy] Portrait and Landscape Thumbnails in Lightbox/CMSB Gallery

By Dave - January 16, 2009

Hi Kittybiccy,

The first step is to create a mockup of the page your want to have. If you are able to post an url to that it would help make sure that we're giving you tips that would let you create a page like that.

Next, try creating a multi-record section with a single upload field that allows one upload. The create a list viewer with the code generator that has paging links.

Let me know when you get that far and we can help with you the rest.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com