Issue with sorting

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 9, 2009   (RSS)

By _kate_ - January 6, 2009

Hi,
I used a code supplied on the forum (Sub Grouping in List Views) which has been working great >
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=66797

I have an issue now with how I set up the site. It's a furniture site, so the client adds products and selects a brand, and a type (e.g. seat, table) so that they show up in both sections and she only has to add products once.

I used the Sub Grouping in List View code on the brand pages as she wanted to be able to add and edit her own sub brands. This has adversely affected the "Type" pages. They are displaying perfectly, but she wants to be able to use the drag sort feature she had previously (had to take this off as that code requires brand to be first sort method).

I'm stuck. Any ideas? :(

Re: [_kate_] Issue with sorting

By Dave - January 7, 2009

Hi Kate,

dragSort requires you to sort by it first in the CMS admin program, but you can specify different sorting for the viewers by adding an option like this:

'orderBy' => "brand, dragSortOrder DESC",

Let me know if that works for you. Note that it will only look the same if your client drag sorts different brands together in the list. Another method would be to add a field for sort order and sort on that or "featured" checkbox. It depends how much sorting control they want.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com