Changing record number

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 5, 2009   (RSS)

By playans - December 31, 2008

Hi,
I would like to change the records number to have the SlideshowPro display the images from one section to other section, which is the translation of the initial one, but uses the same images.

The records were not created in the same order.

Thanks anticipately,
A.G.

Re: [playans] Changing record number

By Dave - December 31, 2008

Hi A.G., welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

There's no easy way to change the record numbers. Are you trying to translate the image captions, etc?

If so would it work to add an additional image caption field for the other language for that upload field in the field editor?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Changing record number

By playans - January 2, 2009

Thanks for answering, Dave

I have two sections, which contain reviews of the same locations, but in different languages. I'm using SlideShowPro to display the images of this location.

Is there any way to display the images on both pages, since they are uploaded in a section, without the need to upload them twice?

Re: [playans] Changing record number

By Dave - January 2, 2009

How many different languages are there?

I'd recommend adding more info fields to the uploads under: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Your Upload Field > Advanced Options > Upload Fields

You could have, for example:
Title (English)
Caption (English)
Title (French)
Caption (French)

And enter both values when uploading an image, but only display some on each instance of slideshowpro (create two different xml files, one that outputs info1 and info2 - the english, and another that outputs info3 and info4, the french).

Hope that helps! Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Changing record number

By playans - January 2, 2009

Let me try to be more clear.
I would like to have 2 records, from different sections displaying the same images with SlideShowPro.

The records in the 2 sections should have been in mirrored order, so I could just use the same .xml file to display the images.
But they aren't, so this is why I wanted to rearrange them, without having to upload the images again, because they are in the range of 1000's.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
A.G.