Get An Understanding

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 26, 2008   (RSS)

By mrpharill - December 25, 2008

I am trying to figure out exactly what the CMS Builder will do for me if I purchase it and want to ask the following question:

I want to create a web site for a client that will give them somewhat of an Admin Control Panel or Admin Access to make minor edits to the site after Im finished with it, is the CMS Builder able to do that? Is that what it does? and if so, in what way does it do it? Like, does it give me a script that I paste for the admin login page or where ever the "CLIENT" will be able to login to make the changes... I know this may sound strange, but I hope someone understands what Im am asking and trying to understand.

Thanks

Re: [mrpharill] Get An Understanding

By _kate_ - December 25, 2008

Hi,
Yes you are correct, CMS Builder will be able to do that for you.

You will upload and install the program to your server, and your admin section will be created for you.

You will then login to the admin section and create any pages you will need on your website, so for example you could make an About Us page. Once you have set up the fields for that page your client will need to edit, you export the code in CMS Builder which you can then use to build a new page, or paste into an existing layout you have already made.

Once the site is done you can then setup a user login for your client to login and make changes in the specified locations (they won't have same full privileges as admin unless you allow them to).

It's probably worth watching the demo video below to give you an idea of how you'd go about making a website >
http://www.interactivetools.com/products/cmsbuilder/video.html

I hope that helps! If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Happy Holidays :)

Re: [_kate_] Get An Understanding

By mrpharill - December 26, 2008

Yeah, thanks. I've watched that video quite a few times prior to posting here and thats why I posted. It really doesnt show the user login or how it would look from a users perspective as far as logging in to make changes.

But taking your word for it. Lets just say I create you a site that has Home | About Us | News | Photos | Contact Us as the menu right. So to keep from contacting me every time you want to change the News section, you will have an admin section that you can log in to make this changes? Is there a snap shot of this anywhere I could see what the Users View would be?