order by

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 17, 2008   (RSS)

By Moonworks - December 17, 2008 - edited: December 17, 2008

I am having to write this, as I have now run out of hair to pull out.

I have created an events listing, and I am wanting it to go in order of date. Once in date order, it would then go in time order if possible.

What is the command that I'd need to have in the 'order by' in the 'sorting' section? or would I deal with this somewhere else?

The two field names I have are:

event_date
start_time_hour

I seem to have tried everything, and when trying some of the examples shown, I seem to get errors.

Please help, I don't like being bald!

Thanks,

Joe
High quality residential training for writers, actors & Film Making - Click Here for further information

Re: [Moonworks] order by

By Dave - December 17, 2008

Hi Joe,

Try this under Admin > Section Editors > Sorting:

event_date DESC, start_time_hour+0 DESC

First confirm the dates are sorting the way you want, if you want to reverse them remove "DESC" (for descending).

Next, confirm the hours and sorting the way you want. To reverse those remove DESC as well.

Hope that helps. Note that if your hours are not in 24 hour format it will sort am and pm values together since they'll have the same values.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Hi Joe,

You want to remove "dragSortOrder," from the beginning. It should work then.

You can't sort by dragSortOrder _and_ date. You may need to remove dragSortOrder.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] order by

By Moonworks - December 17, 2008

Whenever I tried that, it would give me an error saying that I had to start with that.

Do you mean remove it from the main lust as well?

Sorry, brain is pretty dead, just going on to hour 15 workign on this today [:/]
High quality residential training for writers, actors & Film Making - Click Here for further information

Yea, delete the dragSortOrder field. Then, click through all the tabs and remove it, then click "Save Details".

Let me know how that goes.
interactivetools.com