New CMS not generating properly

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 14, 2008   (RSS)

I finally got around to installing CMS Builder. I went through the tutorial (creating the news button) When I go to the list page and click on a link it is dead It tries to load newsDetail.php?Title-3-3 but there is nothing there. When I open the details page directly it is the same as the list page.

What gives?

thanks,

cj

Re: [jokerboy] New CMS not generating properly

By ross - December 10, 2008

Hi CJ

Thanks for posting!

From the sounds of it here, I think the problem is going to be that on your newsDetail.php template, you've added the viewer code for a list page instead of a detail page.

When click through to the code viewer, there is a little section with two radio buttons. The second one is for detail pages. Could you make sure you've selected that one and that you are using the code from there?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] New CMS not generating properly

Ross,

I checked the radio button for each type of page I was creating. I will try it again and see what happens.

thanks,

CJ

Re: [jokerboy] New CMS not generating properly

By Dave - December 11, 2008

Hi cj,

You can specify the default links that CMS Builder uses for a section here:

Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Viewer Urls (tab along the top)

The default name is newsDetail.php. Usually you'd have two pages, a list page (that lists multiple news items), and a detail page (that shows details about one news item).

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more details or if it's still not working for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] New CMS not generating properly

Dave,

I tried both suggestions posted here. I scrapped the previous attempt and went through the tutorial again, same result.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

CJ