WYSIWYG Editor not showing

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 11, 2008   (RSS)

By chrisnorthey - December 6, 2008

I have used CMS builder in the past and had no problems, however I have just installed it for a new client and the WYSIWYG editor toolbar doesn't appear. I also get an error when trying to paste data into the WYSIWYG editor.

I have uploaded all files as specified but it doesn't appear to be working correctly. I was wondering if anyone can help me fix this problem. It wouldn't have anything to do with a new version of the program?

Re: [chrisnorthey] WYSIWYG Editor not showing

By Dave - December 6, 2008

Hi chrisnorthey,

Check that the permissions on /tinymce3/ folder are 755 (not writable for group or world users). The wysiwyg javascript files are served up by a PHP script that compresses them for speed. And sometimes PHP script won't run in writable directories.

If that doesn't work feel free to email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look (email, don't post login details to the forum).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] WYSIWYG Editor not showing

By chrisnorthey - December 11, 2008

I have tried emailing directly but have received no reply.
Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the problem. I'm even happy to use an older version of the WYSIWYG editor if it means that it will work properly.