specify username/password & section editor name from URL???

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 9, 2008   (RSS)

By rcrofoot - December 6, 2008

Hi Dave-

Does cmsBuilder currently have the capability to let a user launch cmsBuilder, accept a user name & password, and open a specified section editor using one command or action[/#ff0000]...either via a url or otherwise...???

For example if my user name and password was rick/pass, and I wanted to open one of my previously created section editors called Certificates, it would be nice if I could enter the following URL:

http://www.mysite.com/cmsAdmin/admin.php?user=rick&password=pass&menu=Certificates

I searched the posts and found nothing...

If this capability doesn't exist, it would be great to incorporate it a future version...Has anyone else ever requested this feature???

Thanks, Rick

Re: [rcrofoot] specify username/password & section editor name from URL???

By Dave - December 8, 2008

Hi Rick,

No one has requested that yet but I think it's a great feature. We're already set for 1.24 (which will be released after testing) but I'll put this on the list for 1.25.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: specify username/password & section editor name from URL???

By rcrofoot - December 9, 2008

Thanks Dave...

I'll mention to my client that it might[/#ff0000] be coming soon...Let me know if you want me to remind you and I'll make a note of it...

Rick

Re: [rcrofoot] specify username/password & section editor name from URL???

By Dave - December 9, 2008

Yes, feel free to remind me after a little while if you don't see it.

How does you client want to make use of this feature?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] specify username/password & section editor name from URL???

By rcrofoot - December 9, 2008

Hi Dave-

My client has a few section editors in cmsBuilder: We're trying to develop a very simple "admin" page that various "non-tech" people can use...We thought it would simplify things if they could click a button to open menu editor #1, and another to open #2, without having to deal with any other details like remembering user names & passwords, and then choosing the correct section editor...(Trying to simplify and automate as much as possible...This is one part...)

Rick