extracting the record number from _link

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 19, 2008   (RSS)

By zaba - November 19, 2008

Hi,
I am wanting to extract the record number that is at the end of the url and us it as a variable. For example when parsed the _link will be something like /folder/file.php?1. I need the number at the end as a variable. I can do this by manually putting in the address and adding the record num like this /folder/file.php?num=<?php echo $theRecord['num'] ?> and using this on the page:

if (isset($_GET['num'])) {
$numfromurl = $_GET['num'];
}
else {
$numfromurl = 1;
}

is their any way of achieving the same effect but still using the <?php echo $theRecord['_link'] ?>.
Thanks

Re: [Dave] extracting the record number from _link

By zaba - November 19, 2008

Hi,
I'll give it a go. What it is I have a text based menu derived from a field in a record. Their are five records. The detail of the page is loaded in the same page dependent upon the text link from the menu. This is all okay, no problem. All I wanted to do was to keep the text link in hover state once the page associated with it is loaded. I was using the number as a variable to cross reference against the record number associated with the menu and if it matched then I would load a different a class so that menu item appeared in the hover state. Thats the only reason and I can't think of an easier way of doing it really. (If that makes sense) I got my way to work, I was just curious.
As an aside though, I am only a few days in, working on 2 projects both incorporating cms builder and so far I love it, what an excellent piece of software. I am sure the more I use it I will be better at it (and pester you guys less). Thanks [;)]