Error Message after saving modified content

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 5, 2008   (RSS)

By studio-a - November 4, 2008 - edited: November 4, 2008

Question:
- After installing the software all functions worked great. Later after modifying new fields and then updating the content and clicking the SAVE button I get this error message:
"Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 6 in mydirectorynames\cmsAdmin\lib\menus\default\save.php on line 106"

I have replaced the save.php file with the original php file the application's zip file yet I still receive the error. The content is saved, but I like to have this error corrected. What is interesting is this error only happens within this ONE section.

Thanks for your help!

Re: [studio-a] Error Message after saving modified content

By Dave - November 5, 2008

Hi Studio-a,

It sounds like it may be having a problem with one of the validation rules.

Are you running the latest version? And did you change the "Allowed Content/Characters" for any of the fields in that section?

Let me know and I'll try and help. Also, if you're in a rush feel free to email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll login and fix it for you (email, don't post login details to the forum).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Error Message after saving modified content

By studio-a - November 5, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for writing. My answers are below:

01. Are you running the latest version?
The version I am running is CMS Builder v1.22 (is this the most recent version?)

02. Did you change the "Allowed Content/Characters" for any of the fields in that section?
I have a text field that is used for email addresses and asks the user to store the @ symbol character. For this field I have selected *allow all characters* within the Input Validation section along with the *user may not leave field blank*. Under the Filed Options section as Field Description I have [url "mailto:email@yourdomain.com"]email@yourdomain.com[/#0000ff][/url] (to be displayed after the field).

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks, studio-a

By Dave - November 5, 2008

Are any of the fields in that section set to either: "Only Allow Characters" or "Disallow Characters"?

And if so what is the character list specified after them?

The problem is something related to that and your version of PHP. If we can identify which field is causing the problems I can give you a work around or patch to fix it.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Error Message after saving modified content

By studio-a - November 5, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. After looking into all fields I did have one selected to *disallow characters* (mistakenly). After changing the restriction to "Allow all Charaters" and saved the update the problem was solved.

Thanks for your help!

studio-a

By Dave - November 5, 2008 - edited: November 5, 2008

Glad it's working!

Do you know what was in the character list? I'd like to try and reproduce the error locally and fix it for the next version if I can.

If you don't have that information anymore don't worry about it.
interactivetools.com