Considering purchase of CMS builder - have question

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 1, 2008   (RSS)

By drum6633 - October 31, 2008

I see ample video and screen shots of the development process here, but do you have any documentation, video or screen shots of what the end user would see on their screen after they log in to update their website? I want to be sure it is simple enough for my clients to use.

Also do I need to create 'locked' portions of the web page in my original html build or is that unnecessary?
thanks,
Julie

Re: [_kate_] Considering purchase of CMS builder - have question

By drum6633 - November 1, 2008

thanks for your fast response to my question! Sounds like it will work fine for this project. Just wondering, though, if I create multiple areas that are to be editable on one page, what will the user see so that they know they are updating the correct portion of that page?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I just want to make sure this will work for this client.

Thanks!

Julie

Re: [drum6633] Considering purchase of CMS builder - have question

By _kate_ - November 1, 2008

Hi Julie,
You can add as many areas for each page as you like.

When you set up each area you give it a title which is displayed next to that field. Each field is labeled with its title so it's clearly laid out and easy to see where all the info needs to go. You can now also add in dividers to appear on this page (the page the user will enter data) to separate content and/or add in custom HTML above a field (I sometimes like to do this to give the client extra instructions about putting information in a certain section).

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)

Re: [_kate_] Considering purchase of CMS builder - have question

By drum6633 - November 1, 2008

great - thanks!