want to purchase CMSB - question - how do clients login to make changes

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 27, 2008   (RSS)

By redgirl - October 9, 2008

hi

I want to purchase CMSB - question - how do clients login to make changes to website remotely

Re: [redgirl] want to purchase CMSB - question - how do clients login to make changes

By Kenny - October 9, 2008 - edited: October 9, 2008

Hi redgirl,

CMSB allows you to make permission based user accounts that allows your clients to make changes based on the parameters you have set up. You would give them the URL to the program, so they can log in with their account from anywhere they have internet access.

Let's say you have a product catalog and each product needs to display a Product Name, Product Description, and Product Image. You would create that section with those fields and then give your client access to create and modify products in that section. You can even limit how many products they can create. You can give them access to all or some of the sections you create.

If you have your clients long-term, then you only give them access to sections that change the content on the website and not access to the admin menus where they can really make a mess of things if they tried real hard.

If you are completing a project and turning it over to them completely, you give them access to the admin menu, but warn them of what they can and can't do with the program. Some parts of the admin menus they can manage such as creating other user accounts. Some parts require them to know and understand PHP/HTML programming in order to make the sections created show up on the website.

Let us know if you need further explanation or have other questions about CMSB.

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] want to purchase CMSB - question - how do clients login to make changes

By redgirl - October 9, 2008

thank you that is great and appreciate the quick response.

can also you answer these queries
  1. is the software license per site or can I use the software for more than one site.
  2. if i had a products sections I guess I can add paypal buttons but do you have a shopping cart component that can be added at all
  3. another client wants to added a blog or word press to a products site we are going to build, can this be linked to the database so there is only one login, eg. they login to the blog but then go shopping without changing their login details so they are in the correct country currency to make purchases

Re: [redgirl] want to purchase CMSB - question - how do clients login to make changes

By Kenny - October 10, 2008

No problem -

1. Yes - the software license is per site, so you would have to purchase one license per site. While the generated content can be displayed on multiple sites under certain circumstances and server setups, the program itself can only be installed on one site per license.

2. Yes - you can easily add PayPal buttons to a product catalog. Post back here when you are ready for a quick tutorial on the basic setup.

3. Probably - just about anything is possible with the right knowledge. I believe this would require some custom programming, however. Check out http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/index.phpfor more information about the custom programming.

On a further note, about question #3 - unless it is absolutely necessary to use WordPress or another 3rd Party blog, I would use CMSB instead. You can make an excellent blog using the same software as your product catalog and your clients would then be able to log into one program to control both items.

We have developed sites that control over 75 different sections of a single website - things such as FAQs, directories, catalogs, news, photo galleries, calendars, blogs, multimedia, document libraries, store locations, organizers, payment processors that communicate with Authorize.net and Paypal, menus, classified ads, real estate listings, testimonials - the possibilities are endless.

Let me know if you think of anything else - we are happy to help...

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] want to purchase CMSB - question - how do clients login to make changes

By redgirl - October 27, 2008

in reply to point 3 in original post I have asked our client what they want their website to do in total.

They want a shopping cart webshop and blog with the following:

1) Calendar for trade-shows etc

3) Flickr or picasa plug in for photo’s

4) Google map API for showing locations of our retailers and our communities

5) Youtube so we cna showcase movies about our communities or video blogs ABl makes

6) Facebook and myspace blog update application so we can automatically update our facebook pages with new posts

7) Mini blog panel we can locate on other pages or domains

8) Integration of Members database with email list and the a webshop

9) if a memeber logs into the shopping cart the product prices and delivery charges automatically appear in their country according to their membership details

10) if a member logs into the blog they can go to shopping area without login again and visa versa.