Converting from Joomla

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 25, 2008   (RSS)

By sykomac - October 24, 2008

Good day to all.

This is going to be my first attempt at using a CMS.

I client of mine currently has a website created in Joomla and it looks extremely complicated. Apparently he paid well for the site and now the guy is gone and wants to make changes but is not sure how to go about it. I also maintain 3 other website that were coded by myself. I would like to use the same CMS for all three - preferably CMS Builder. Is it fairly easy to convert a Joomla site to CMS Builder?

Also, if I post the URL of one of my sites here, could someone take a look at it and let me know if it would be a good candidate for CMS Builder or would some other solution be better suited.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul

Re: [sykomac] Converting from Joomla

By Codee - October 24, 2008

I think part of the answer is "it depends"...depending upon whether you want a complete conversion or just import/export any database info. Importing a database is not really a problem. Let's see what the experts at Interactive Tools say regarding this, though.

I've worked with Joomla sites and I, too, prefer CMSB over it. CMSB is more user-friendly, less clunky, and has more flexibility and power to develop what you or your client needs as opposed to adapting the clients wishes to fit Joomla. Joomla has also been prone to turkish hackers and it's been a constant battle to keep it secure.

I've also had several custom projects done by Interactive Tools staff and have to report that they are simply awesome. The level of service, support and "can do" attitude that they provide is rare to find these days.

Re: [sykomac] Converting from Joomla

By sykomac - October 25, 2008

Thanks. I think I'm going to give CMSB a try.

Paul