How to make index.php default to Home Page

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 23, 2008   (RSS)

By Laura - October 21, 2008

I have created a site in CMS Builder utilizing the category menu method. That being said for each page of the website, there is a corresponding menu item. All of the code is nested into my template which is index.php. I have a category named Home so that site visitors can click HOME on the menu and return to the home page as directed by Dave in a previous Forum post. My problem lies in how to make index.php point to the Home Page by default. In other words, I want those who visit the website to see the Home Category when they visit the page. Any Suggestions?

Re: [Laura] How to make index.php default to Home Page

Laura,

When they visit your website now, by just typing in your URL without specifying a specific page, on which page do they land?

Also, if you don't mind giving it out, what is the site address?

Jim
WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work

By Dave - October 21, 2008

Hi Laura,

Also, can you attach your index.php to the post so we can see the code? Thanks! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] How to make index.php default to Home Page

By Laura - October 22, 2008

Thank you both for your quick replies.

Mr. Jim: As the site is being developed behind the current webiste until it is rolled out, when you type in the website it defaults to the current site.

Dave: I have attached the index.php file
Attachments:

index_005.php 3K

Re: [Dave] How to make index.php default to Home Page

By Laura - October 23, 2008

Dave, unfortunately it does not seem to work....

Any other ideas?

By Dave - October 23, 2008

Laura,

Do you want to send me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look for you? (Email, don't post login details to the forum).
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com