Preview button not pulling up user-specific record

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 20, 2008   (RSS)

By Codee - October 11, 2008 - edited: October 18, 2008

Hi Dave and Team,

I've set up CMSB v1.22 on a new domain and have pretty much what I want to happen thus far. Right now a valid user can login, create a "my planner" record in the database and they are only allowed to create 1 record. Since the public will generally not see the viewerUrl I've set the Viewer URLs to be the same Detail page (myplannerDetail.php).

Problem:

We've set up several test user accounts. No matter which account we're logged into, when we click on the "Preview" button for that user (which only has one record) all accounts display the same viewer record. That record also happens to be whatever the last one entered was. Looking at the URL in the address bar it isn't providing a record-specific URL. How can we make the Preview Button work for the record it's supposed to preview?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [equinox69] Preview button not pulling up user-specific record

By Dave - October 13, 2008

Hi equinox69,

Currently the Preview button is only available on the list page and only redirects the user to the "viewer url" for the "List Page Url". So if you have a list page setup it will open that in a new window, but there is no functionality to link to a specific record.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Preview button not pulling up user-specific record

By Codee - October 17, 2008

Hmmm...can the button be reprogrammed to view the record selected with a checkbox or can the button be deleted. It's can be very misleading, especially to user clients.

Re: [equinox69] Preview button not pulling up user-specific record

By Dave - October 20, 2008

Hi equinox69,

There's no functionality to have it pull up a specific record this is checked or anything like that yet, but you can remove it in /lib/menus/default/list.php

Also, another option is if there is a central page that users could link to to then link to their preview page you could set that as the "List Page Url" under the Section Editors.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com