Code Generator not working at all

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 3, 2008   (RSS)

By armstrong - October 2, 2008

I just installed CMS Builder for the first time, and I'm having a weird problem -- at first I thought it was a browser issue, but I get the same result in both Firefox 3.03 and IE7.

The problem is, things are not loading correctly while in the admin panel.

1. I go into the Section Editor, and then click on News. Then I click the Add Field button. The screen goes grey and and the Field Editor comes up. So far so good.

But after entering all the details about the new field and pressing Save, nothing happens. Nothing happens when I press Cancel either. The only way to go anywhere is to press F5 to refresh, and I usually have to do that twice because only half the Editor loads on the first refresh. Once the Editor has refreshed, the new field has been added, but I can't imagine that's the normal procedure?

2. Similarly, when adding an actual news item, pressing Save doesn't close the window. Maybe it shouldn't? (If so, maybe we need a "Save and Close" button as well?) In frustration I pressed Save several times, and thre copies of the same news item had been added when I returned to the News Section.

3. Even more important, I get absolutely no results in the Code Generator. Whether I go from the Admin main menu or from the button link in the Section Editor, the same thing happens: it just says "Loading..." in the Viewer Options window. It doesn't matter if I refresh the page, switch from List to Detail, or select another Section -- nothing happens on the page. I still have not been able to generate a single line of code!

Thank you in advance if someone can help!

Re: [armstrong] Code Generator not working at all

By Donna - October 3, 2008

Hi Armstrong,

Hmm, definitely sounds like something's not working for you quite right.

The first thing I would try would be to rename, then re-upload the "lib" directory to make sure everything was uploaded correctly. (Renaming it first makes sure that any partial files get re-uploaded, regardless of what odd FTP clients might want to do.)

Give that a try and let us know if it's still giving you trouble. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com