Can records be automatically updated to reflect changes in the text of filename fileds in viewer urls

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 1, 2008   (RSS)

By Mel - September 30, 2008

Hi,

I have changed the content of the Filename Fields in a viewer url

Is there a way to update all the records automatically so that when the viewer url in question is loaded the links on that page to the individual records reflect the change in the Filename Fields

Or would I need to go into to the database to change the existing records manually

Mel[:)]

Re: [mel] Can records be automatically updated to reflect changes in the text of filename fileds in viewer urls

By Donna - September 30, 2008

Hi Mel,

I'm not quite sure I'm following what you're referring to -- it sounds like you've specified filename fields in the viewer directly, then made changes to them... is that correct?

If so, you'd need to make those changes in CMS Builder directly if you want them to be global -- the ability to change them in the viewer is so you can override the settings in CMS Builder -- setting them in the viewer directly isn't actually required.

Does that make sense? Let me know if that's not quite what you're looking for. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com