Customizing or exapnding the section nav bar in admin

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 24, 2008   (RSS)

By Capt'n Morgan - September 24, 2008

I have more section than there are room for in the top menu bar, and they have now dropped down into the pull down menu. Is there a way to modify this layout, control how many are listed before that happens, etc?

Also, I noticed that the sort order of "pages" or items within a section, sorts alphabetically by default, in the admin view. Is this an option that can be changed? Is it controlled by the sort order of the content? (sorting tab)

Re: [Capt'n Morgan] Customizing or exapnding the section nav bar in admin

By MisterJim - September 24, 2008

Hello Capt'n.

#1: As of now, there doesn't seem to be any way to change how many section names appear on the top menu bar before the rest move into the drop down box. HOWEVER, in doing a little search of the forums, I found that Interactive Tools is redesigning the Admin area layout. You can read about it in the post titled: Menu & Screen Resolution.

#2: As for the sort order, I believe the only way you could change the default sort order would be to edit the individual initialization files found in cmsAdmin/data/schemaPresets folder. All future files created of the type edited would inherit the default order.

Otherwise, if you don't want to do that, then just manually adjust the sort order by clicking on the SORTING tab found when editing a section.

Hope this helps.

Jim
WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work