Cannot add sections in section editor

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 3, 2009   (RSS)

By celuch - September 16, 2008

Just installed a new CMS builder on GoDaddy.com hosted site. Everything seems to be installed and I can get into the Admin section, but in Section editor, when I hit "add new editor" button, nothing happens.
celuch

Re: [celuch] Cannot add sections in section editor

By kevbarker - September 16, 2008

One thing that could be causing the what you are seeing is Javascript being disabled. Check to see if Javascript is enabled in the browser you are using. I just ran a quick test to verify and when I disable Javascript I get the same result - nothing happens.

This is because CMSB uses Thickbox (Javascript) to open/present the input window.

Kevin

Re: [kevbarker] Cannot add sections in section editor

By celuch - September 16, 2008

I believe that isn't the problem. We're using same version on another server with fine results. Have tried in IE, Firefox, Safari, all with same problem. Even re-installed all files and started over to same problem.

Modify buttons don't work either in user section.
celuch

Re: [celuch] Cannot add sections in section editor

By Dave - September 16, 2008

Hi Jim,

I just responded via your email but for anyone else following here's the response.

This is caused because your hosting company uses a preview domain name (yourname.com.previewdns.com) and automatically inserts CSS, HTML, and Javascript into pages displayed on that url to alert you to that fact.

That code breaks some of the javascript in CMS Builder.

If you View source , it's everything from <!-- Begin style code WSP --> to <!-- End javascript code WSP -->. There's pages and pages of html, css and javascript there. See if you can turn that off and it should work fine.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Cannot add sections in section editor

By blind2uriz - January 31, 2009

I'm having the same issue. I'm setting up a revamp of a site for a client on a different server. The client doesn't want the site live yet because they don't want any down time on their end. So how do I get around this issue? I looked at the veiw source and saw exactly what you are talking about. What exactly do I need to turn off and how do I turn it off? Thanks for any help.

John
John C. Morris
Interdimensional Designs
www.covdesigns.com

Re: [blind2uriz] Cannot add sections in section editor

By Dave - February 2, 2009

Hi John,

Probably the best place to start would be to ask your host. Ask them if there's something you can do to prevent the javascript from being added because it's interfering with your software.

Let us know what they say.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Cannot add sections in section editor

By blind2uriz - February 3, 2009

Hey Dave,

I talked to a tech and he said there isn't anything that can be done to prevent whats happening. So I just purchased a new domain for doing test sites and linked it to the web hosting I just purchased for the client. I'm still waiting for it to be approved or whatever they need to do at Godaddy to see if it will work. So I'll try to run CMS Builder tonight and see how it goes. Thanks for your help and I'm sure I'll be on here w/ more questions in the future.

John
John C. Morris
Interdimensional Designs
www.covdesigns.com

Re: [blind2uriz] Cannot add sections in section editor

By Dave - February 3, 2009

John,

Sounds good. Let us know if you need anything else.
interactivetools.com