Seperate news items in right column

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 10, 2008   (RSS)

By chassa2556 - September 8, 2008

Hi

On my home page I would like to have the main content to be in the body content area but in the right column have 'what's on' information that would link to a seperate what's on page. Like a teaser with maybe a thumbnail. How would I do this?

Many thanks in advance

Re: [chassa2556] Seperate news items in right column

By Dave - September 8, 2008

Is that what's on from a different section? Basically you just put two viewers in the same page.

Give that a try or let me know if you need any more details.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Kenny - September 9, 2008

Just as an example of how multiple viewers are possible on a page, there are seven different viewers (sections) that make up the content of http://www.cleburnehighschool.com/index.php

Both list and detail viewers....

Re: [sagentic] Seperate news items in right column

By chassa2556 - September 9, 2008

thanks for that Sagentic - so how did you do this? You had a summary listing that then went onto a detail page on another place on the site? What I'm after is that I'm doing a opera website and I have the detail in the middle column and then on the right column I can have some basic 'what's on' summary that then would link onto the more detailed what's on page.

Would I take the list page code from the what's on and place it on the home page right col.

By Kenny - September 9, 2008

I have attached the page - you can see the "top of page" code and the inline code for each section.
Attachments:

index_004.php 23K