Edit viewer pages

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 4, 2008   (RSS)

By dsc234 - September 2, 2008

Hello,

Is there a way I can setup a viewer page inside CMS builder so the page can be edited, instead of having to edit the page via another website program?

Thanks,

Derek

Re: [dsc234] Edit viewer pages

By Dave - September 3, 2008

Hi Derek,

Can you give me some more details about what you want to do. I'm not totally clear yet.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Edit viewer pages

By dsc234 - September 3, 2008 - edited: September 3, 2008

Hi Dave,

Is there a way I can edit the design of a view page through CMS builder?

As it seems right now, I can edit records in a certain section, but not the viewer page displaying those records. Is there a way I can edit the viewer page INSIDE of cms builder using a wysiwyg editor and not another program like dreamweaver?

Thanks,

Derek

Re: [dsc234] Edit viewer pages

By Dave - September 4, 2008

You mean edit the PHP viewer file itself (the webpage)?

No, not really. You could edit the html code in the textbox it's created in in the code generator. Or paste it in a wysiwyg and edit it and then copy the code back out. But your going to need to upload the file via FTP and save it on your server at some point.

Is there something you are trying to accomplish that requires that? (There may be another way)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Edit viewer pages

By dsc234 - September 4, 2008

Hi Dave,

Yes, I mean edit the viewer page itself. I am trying to give a client full control. I want to let the client edit and make feature changes to the viewer page via wysiwyg editor in CMS builder and not an external program like dreamweaver.

How could I accomplish this?

I also sent an email to your consulting department requesting a quote on another project I need done. The details are in the email

Thank you!