v1.22 CSS working on IE7, but only partly on Firefox

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 29, 2008   (RSS)

By dougdrury - August 29, 2008 - edited: August 29, 2008

I just downloaded and installed CMS Builder 1.22 on my client's site. When I open the admin section in FireFox 3.0.1 I get maybe 50% of the CSS styles, but some styling is lost. also the thickbox.css doesn't seem to load at all.

When I open IE7, most of the basic CSS works, and the thickbox.css seems to load, but the text inside the thickbox screen is really large compared to older versions of CMS Builder.

Strange stuff. I am kinda stumped. I have checked the header.php file and even put fully qualified URLs to the css files and no luck. Anyone else ever have this issue?

You will notice that the top blue bar doesn't seem to know it should be blue. [:/]

Thanks,
Doug

Re: [dougdrury] v1.22 CSS working on IE7, but only partly on Firefox

By Dave - August 29, 2008

Hi Doug,

It's a server configuration problem. Here's how to demonstrate the problem in Firefox 3

- In FF3 click: Tools > Error Console
- Clear clear on the error console to erase old messages
- Reload the login page url
- You'll see the following error in the error console:

Error: The stylesheet http://www.crossroadsfremont.org/2008/cmsAdmin/css/thickbox.css was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/plain", is not "text/css".
Source File: http://www.crossroadsfremont.org/2008/cmsAdmin/admin.php

Just forward that to your web host and ask them to fix the mime type for .css to be "text/css" instead of "text/plain". Then try again and it should work.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By dougdrury - August 29, 2008

I was able to fix this by going into the .htaccess file and adding:
AddType text/css css

I also edited the mime.types file in the Apache config area.

That fixed it!

Thanks for the help!

Doug

By Dave - August 29, 2008

Thanks for posting back. I've seen this once or twice before. I'll try adding it to the .htaccess that ships with CMS Builder for the next version.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com