Permissions Problem in uploads directory

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 21, 2008   (RSS)

By HDLLC - August 21, 2008

Hi there-

Seems there has been a little discussion on some permissions problems within the upload directories - and now I seem to be experiencing this as well. I didn't see much posted as to the root of the problem, so I thought I'd post here.

I have several installs of CMSBuilder running with the same ISP. So far, this is the only one I see impacted.

It was running fine about 24 hours ago - now I cannot see images in pages, and a quick check shows all uploads are set to 666 permissions. I tried uploading new images - no dice.

I have a feeling it is the isp - but they said I should check whatever scripts I have running to make sure it's not going to reappear.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--Jeff

Re: [HDLLC] Permissions Problem in uploads directory

By Dave - August 21, 2008

Hi Jeff,

That's really strange. I don't know of anything in CMS Builder that would automatically change permissions on your images.

Chmod 666 is read/write so that should still be fine for images. What you'll want to check is the uploads directories have "execute" permissions (or 777). Directories can't display their contents on linux/unix unless they have execute permissions.

If you can't track it down and get it working quickly feel free to send me the url of a page with broken images and FTP details to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Permissions Problem in uploads directory

By HDLLC - August 21, 2008

Thanks Dave!

Odd... Coincidence? I notified the ISP about images not showing, but I could also not change permissions...

Now, after almost 24 hours of being broken (not showing in pages) the images are now working this morning.

Any ideas?

This is odd...

--Jeff