Multiple Viewers of same content with variation

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 17, 2008   (RSS)

By benedict - August 16, 2008

Hi guys,

Love the CMS - really seeing it as becoming a corner stone of what we do. But I have a problem.

It relates to an articles section I am presenting as a sidebar on my page. The first list viewer presents the 3 most recent articles posted to the articles table, which works fine.

Beneath this, I am attempting to put in a second list viewer that also presents 3 articles, but this time it is only presenting articles that have been ticked as "Most Read" in the articles table. I have pasted the code at the top of the page and the logic is all correct, but when I paste in the code in the second sidebar section ("Most Read Articles") it presents exactly the same info.

Looking at the code, it is identical to the code that appears in the first sidebar, so I can see why it is presenting the same info. How do I get it to present the "Most Read" data?

To see the issue, please visit www.bir.net.au/articleDetailBIR.php

Thanks.

Re: [benedict] Multiple Viewers of same content with variation

By Kenny - August 17, 2008

Try making the most read articles a separate page - then do a "php includes" on the page you wish to display the data on.

The two are going to conflict by using the same "top of page code" but by making them two separate pages, with two different "top of page code" it may work.