Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 11, 2008   (RSS)

By Michael Blake - August 2, 2008 - edited: August 2, 2008

Hi,
I'm having a second problem with the contacts preset editor. I've tried to enter an image into the 'content' area of a new contact, when I try this I get the attached error message. So far I've found the contacts preset to be unworkable, I'm not sure why as I have not modified any fields.

My service provider has just upgraded to php5, please advise,
Mickey
Attachments:

cmsb2.txt 1K

Re: [Michael Blake] Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

By Dave - August 4, 2008

Hi Mickey,

This one is related to the host. They've limited PHP to only be able to access certain directories, but haven't included your website directory in that list.

Can you include this in the email you send me about the other issue you posted about? I'll confirm this and see if I can improve that error message so it makes it more apparent what needs to be done (contact the host).

Thanks! Sorry you're running into so many problems! I'll do my best to help you get back on track and running quickly! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

By Michael Blake - August 5, 2008

Thanks Dave,
There's not so many problems, cmsb is excellent as is the support from yourselves. My host has just upgraded to php5 at the weekend, can you tell me what I need to tell them about this issue and I'll get onto them to put things right.

I'm just finalising my template and will then see about some custom work as I need to get this site up and running this month.

Best Wishes,
Mickey

Re: [Michael Blake] Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

By Dave - August 5, 2008

Try this:

Hello Host,

A PHP application I'm using can't access it's files because of open_basedir() restrictions. I'm getting this error:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/psa/home/path-to-dir/dev/cms/uploads/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/path-to-dir:/tmp)

Can you add /usr/local/psa/home/path-to-dir/ to the list of allowed paths or tell me how to do it?

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

By Michael Blake - August 7, 2008 - edited: August 7, 2008

Thanks Dave,
Host is saying that during the php5 upgrade the path to files was amended slightly. I have reinstalled cmsb and an image was uploaded okay. I don't know if cmsb was still working on the previous path-to-dir but hopefully the problem is now fixed.

Thanks again,
Mickey