Password Protected CMS Page

4 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 11, 2008   (RSS)

By blukabm - August 8, 2008

Hey guys... I did search this in the forum, but came up with old content. So I am going to put it out there again.

I have a client that would like to password protect a CMS page (that would house downloadable documents). I have yet to find an easy solution for this, and was wondering if this could be a simple task or if there is an additional development tool I should be looking for to implement this.

-T

Re: [blukabm] Password Protected CMS Page

By zip222 - August 8, 2008

Are you looking to have a unique id and password for each user? If not, a simple way to do this is by modifying the .htaccess file. A simple google search will get you started.

Re: [blukabm] Password Protected CMS Page

By Dave - August 11, 2008

Hi T,

We've done this kind of thing as a custom job before. Basically it involves creating a user signup form, a login form (for the website), a password reminder (not required but nice to have), and some code that can optionally be added to any PHP page to require login to display the page (or redirect the user to the login page with an error).

That's how it can be done in PHP. There's also ways to do it with .htaccess/.htpasswd files and possibly other methods depending on what your needs are.

If you want to chat about doing it as a custom job feel free to drop me an email at dave@interactivetools.com.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com