Range out of order in character class

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 5, 2008   (RSS)

By Michael Blake - August 1, 2008 - edited: August 1, 2008

Hi,
I have created a section for 'contacts', when I create a contact and try to save it I am getting an error (please see attached image of error message).

Please advise,
Mickey
Attachments:

cmsb1.png 47K

Re: [Michael Blake] Range out of order in character class

By Dave - August 1, 2008

Hi Mickey,

That is caused when one of the fields has "Allowed Content" set to an invalid list of characters in the field editor.

Did you recently change the input validation or "allowed content" for any of the fields or is this section based off a preset?

Let me know and we can get it sorted out.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Range out of order in character class

By Michael Blake - August 2, 2008

Hi Dave,
It was based off a preset, as far as I know I haven't changed anything. I will delete the editor and add it again in case I did do something to cause the problem - still learning :-)

Thx,
Mickey

By Michael Blake - August 2, 2008

Hi Dave,
I deleted the 'contacts' editor and added a new one using the preset 'contacts'. I then tried to create a contact but when saving it I got the same error message as before, any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks,
Mickey
Attachments:

cmsb1_001.png 47K

By Dave - August 4, 2008

Hi Mickey,

I can't seem to reproduce this error locally with either PHP4 or PHP5. Is this for the same site we were talking about last week? Can you email me the CMS url and details on how to reproduce the error (what was entered) to dave@interactivetools.com? I'll track down what's happening and fix it on your site and in the software for the next version if necessary.

Thanks! Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Range out of order in character class

By Michael Blake - August 5, 2008

Hi Dave,
Same site.

As always thanks for your superb help. My web-host has been upgrading and has moved us across to php5, I've had a few other non-cmsb problems so will go for a reinstall this week and give that a try to see if it clears the problem. Failing that I will send you an email as requested.

Best Wishes,
Mickey