Publish RSS feeds

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 5, 2008   (RSS)

By Michael Blake - August 3, 2008

Hi,
I am trying to move a site to CMSB and would like to publish the content of some RSS feeds that I currently import into the old site.

With CMSB is there a way that I can receive an rss feed from another site and then publish as a linked list the first 100 chrs of say the last 5 or 10 items from a feed?

I would then set up some page divs to to receive the rss feeds where a visitor may then click to go to the originators news item. The rss feeds are quite a popular part of my site but I would think this can be done with cmsb.

Thanks,
Mickey

Re: [Jake] Publish RSS feeds

By Michael Blake - August 4, 2008

Hi Jake,
On other sites I have the import rss courtesy of plugins from Drupal and vBulletin. I'll take a look at your recommended hotscripts site to see if they offer anything similar.

Thanks,
Mickey

Re: [Michael Blake] Publish RSS feeds

By Dave - August 4, 2008

We also custom program a plugin for you to do the same as your existing plugin did. If you'd like to chat about that feel free to email me at dave@interactivetools.com.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Publish RSS feeds

By Michael Blake - August 5, 2008

Will do Dave, I found a php script but will get in touch to find out more about the custom plugin. I'll do this as soon as I have finalised my template.

Cheers.
Mickey