FireFox Issues

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 31, 2008   (RSS)

By avrom - July 30, 2008

Hi Dave,

Is anyone else having problems with FireFox (pre version 3) ??

Specifically cut and paste which don't work in Firefox. But also working with Tables in FireFox. i.e. copy table row, paste table row etc. All the table highlight and functionality works in IE7 but not FireFox. Can't highlight or copy info etc. (client requires tables for data).

Donna suggested reloading the entire Wyswig directory, but I'm skeptical that is the solution or will even do anything, since its fine in IE7.

Cheers
Avrom

Re: [virgodesign] FireFox Issues

By Dave - July 30, 2008

No reported problems as of yet. FF3 had some problems which required a wysiwyg upgrade.

Try testing your browser with the wysiwyg example here and see if the problems are the same: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/example_full.php?example=true

Then we'll know if it's the wysiwyg itself or an issue with the specific install of the wysiwyg.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] FireFox Issues

By avrom - July 30, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes the example worked below fine on my Firefox browser, therefore you and Donna are right.

So what should I do now ? Just publish up the entire tinyMCE3 directory as is from your original zip file ? I also modified the edit_functions.php file and edit.php file in the menus directories, though all the plugins appear to be installed correctly. Could that also be a potential problem ? Just let me know what is the next step.

Thanx so much.

Cheers and thanks
Avrom

By Dave - July 30, 2008

Yes, just rename your current /tinymce3/ folder to /tinymce3_backup/ and then re-upload /tinymce3/.

If that doesn't work shoot me over an email with some urls and login details and I'll take a look and see if it happens with my browser.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] FireFox Issues

By avrom - July 31, 2008

Hi Dave,

I did reload the tinymce3 directory, and lo and behold I had the same problem. So I tested further. When I made a table from scratch in the wysiwyg I had no problem pasting and deleting rows etc. The editor does exactly what its supposed to.

Interestingly, the tables I created were from Dreamweaver and then pasted into the "initial value" of the cms page setup in CMS Builder. I was just trying to create pre-formatted templates for my client - as we had discussed. For some reason that causes the wysiwyg to lose its functionality on those tables...

I'm just posting this in case anybody else has the same issue :))

Thanks for your help Dave and Donna and sorry to have taken up your time.

Cheers
Avrom

By Dave - July 31, 2008

I wonder what it is that's making it break? Can you post some of the code that makes it break and I can try it locally? Maybe there is a tag or attribute we can remove to make it work?
interactivetools.com