Side menu category list and section home pages

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 31, 2008   (RSS)

By Michael Blake - July 31, 2008

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if I can do the following and if so are there are any recommended previous posts to guide me. My template has a home page and a series of tabs for section content. What I would like CMSB to do is to -
  1. Populate a home page with summaries of selected new content from various content categories, i.e. World News, Zone 1 News etc.
  2. When a Section Tab is clicked I would like a section home page to display, again with selected summaries leading to page content.
  3. But .. when the section tab is clicked I also want a side menu to appear in a <div> or <cell>, the left side menu to list each 'category' within that section. So I wonder if it possible for CMSB to compile a category list for that side menu when the section page is loaded.

I'm thinking that a way to do this would be for me to create each page outline and then insert CMSB code into those pages, however it seems more logical to have CMSB create the side menu category list from the database. I'll probably need custom programming but am researching the possibilities at the moment.

Thanks for any pointers etc,
Mickey