Possibility / Procedures to switch sites?

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 28, 2008   (RSS)

By ConradTTG - July 28, 2008

Is it possible to take CMSB off of one site (Completely Remove it) and put it on another? If so, what is the procedure I need to follow to get this done?

Re: [ConradTTG] Possibility / Procedures to switch sites?

By Dave - July 28, 2008

Hi Conrad,

Do you want to do a new install or move an existing install from one site to another?

If moving, do you need to move the uploads and entered data or just the menus and display pages? (For example, if you only had test content on a staging server you wouldn't need to move that over).

Let me know and we'll help you out.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Possibility / Procedures to switch sites?

Move from one site to another. I never got around to doing much more than tinkering to learn CMSB, Long story short I have gotten so busy I have to abandon my tinkering site. But, I would like to transfer CMSB to a client site I'm developing. Sorry for the trouble.

By Dave - July 28, 2008

Hi Conrad,

So just moving the license you mean? No problem, just do a new install and remove your old one when you're done. It's no problem at all.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Possibility / Procedures to switch sites?

Well that means I've botched everything up then. I deleted it (CMSB) off of the old server, and put in a request to move it to the new server. So does that mean I owe you guys money for a new install?

By Dave - July 28, 2008

Did you pay us to install it on the first server? We can install it on the new server if you like as part of that. Or I'd recommend you just give it a try yourself first.

Let me know how we can best help you out.
interactivetools.com