Google Maps

10 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 23, 2008   (RSS)

By edandrea - July 17, 2008 - edited: July 18, 2008

Hi

Working with Google Maps. I have worked the .xml to output to my featured listings page and shows all properties on a map very well. For the detail page I have a map but allways shows the first record on the map only. How can I get it to show specific data for specific file?

Here is my .xml code:

<?php header('Content-type: application/xml; charset=utf-8'); ?><?php echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>'; ?>

<?php

require_once "/home/content/s/m/o/smoaklandco/html/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";

list($customRecords, $customDetails) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'custom',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'limit' => '1',
));
$customRecord = $customRecords[0]; // get first record

?>

<markers>
<?php foreach ($customRecords as $customRecord): ?>
<marker lat="<?php echo $customRecord['lat'] ?>" lng="<?php echo $customRecord['long'] ?>" />
<?php endforeach; ?>
</markers>

.xml files:

www.smoaklandco.com/location_detail.xml.php?4

www.smoaklandco.com/location_detail.xml.php?5

www.smoaklandco.com/location_detail.xml.php?6

I have tried adjusting the code on the .xml, can get it to show 1 marker on a map but only the first record.

http://smoaklandco.com/ds_detail.php?4

I tried deleting the 'where' and 'limit' and also $customRecord = $customRecords[0]; // get first record but only show first record.

Hope you can help???

Re: [edandrea] Google Maps

By Dave - July 18, 2008

Hi edandrea,

If you want it to show all listings you need to remove: where, limit, and $customRecord = ....

If you want it to only show featured listings you'd re-add something like this:

'where' => "featured = "1"',

Also, if you always want it to show all the featured listings and not just a specific listing you don't need the number (?1) after the xml url.

Do you still only get 1 result after you do that?

Let me know what happens after you remove those 3 things.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Google Maps

By edandrea - July 21, 2008

Hi Dave and thanks for your reply,

1. I have allready created a map showing all featured listings and shows great, www.smoaklandco.com/ds_featured.php.

2. When a user clicks on a featured listing only one marker shows.

3. I had allready attempted to remove the where, limit and custom but all markers show. When I added the 'where' =>"feature="(1)"' it didnt work and I also tried 'featured="(1)"' along with 'num = "(1)"'.

4. The way, I think you have it but I could be wrong, seems like it is only manually generating a specific data, is the way you have it coming up dynamically because that is what I think I need.

5. my .xml.php files display the correct single marker if I type in the specific url www.smoaklandco.com/location_detail.xml.php?4 or 5 or 6.....

I appologize for any confusion, but I sure appreciate any help you offer

Regards Emil

By Dave - July 21, 2008

Hi Emil,

You need to add the record number to the url that google maps downloads. Can you add it to this line:

GDownloadUrl("location_detail.xml.php", function(data, responseCode) {

Maybe something like this (your $variable name might be different):

GDownloadUrl("location_detail.xml.php?<?php echo $record['num'] ?>", function(data, responseCode) {

Let me know if that helps!
interactivetools.com

By edandrea - July 21, 2008

Thank you.....!!!!!

That did the trick. I have a problem with my record numbers not refreshing on the featured listings page. If one record is deleted it allways starts with the next number. So if record # 3 is deleted it starts at #4. Is there a way to have it show #1?

By Dave - July 22, 2008 - edited: July 22, 2008

When you say #1 do you mean record number 1? If so you could use this:

'where' => "num = '1'",
interactivetools.com

By edandrea - July 22, 2008

That just takes away all my listings because the original listing (record 1) was deleted and replaced by what is now record number 4.

You see, I had started off with 3 listings as a test ( #1, 2, 3). Now my client added listing number 4,5,6... and so on, so I deleted the origional listings (1,2,3). But the listings now start at # 4 not begin at #1 record number.

By Dave - July 22, 2008

Record number aren't re-used once they are erased. So once you erase record #123 that number won't be used again.

What are you trying to do or how do you want it to work?
interactivetools.com

By edandrea - July 22, 2008

I have a featured listings page at http://smoaklandco.com/ds_featured.php

I have used the record number provided by the system to number each listing. I was thinking that the record numbers would be refreshed some how. If you take a look at the link you would understand.

If you delete the first listing (record 'num" 1), the next listing wil be record "num" 2 which I have displayed on each listing. The number 2 does not change to number 1 after number 1 is deleted, which makes perfect sence to me, the more I think about it I think it cant be done without messing with MYSQL.

What do you think?

Thanks for the reply

Emil