Menu Type - Category

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 23, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [AgentBristow] Menu Type - Category

By Dave - July 22, 2008

Hi AgentBristow,

It's a new menu type that lets you organize records in a tree structure - like you would with categories. It has extra fields that are automatically updated for: depth, breadcrumb, parent category, etc.

Right now it's more of an advanced feature because you'd need to work with those fields directly to generate anything but in future we plan to add "category menus" to the code generator so you can generate <li> lists, and other types of category or tree structured navigation.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Menu Type - Category

By _kate_ - July 23, 2008

Thanks!

On a side note, a potential customer just asked me if the CMS is Search Engine Friendly...? Any info you could supply on that to pass onto my customer would be most appreciated :)

Re: [AgentBristow] Menu Type - Category

By Dave - July 23, 2008

Yes it is. We automatically add the keywords from the title (or whatever field you like) to the url like this:

news.php?your-news-release-here-123

We use dashes to separate words as this is preferred by search engines and add a number on the end which is preferred by google news to identify a unique page.
See: http://www.google.com/support/news_pub/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=68323

And you can also easily add meta description and meta keyword fields to the CMS (and generated pages) if the client wants to enter those.

If there's any more specific search engine related questions feel free to me know.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com