Upload Error

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 5, 2008   (RSS)

By Cathy - May 22, 2008

I have just downloaded and installed CMS. Install went fine, I was able to set-up a section and some pages for testing. I run into a server error when trying to upload a test image:

Warning: getimagesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/php6zv3HD) is not within the allowed path(s): (/vservers/fametrics) in /vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/uploadForm_functions.php on line 70 Warning: getimagesize(/tmp/php6zv3HD): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/uploadForm_functions.php on line 70 Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/php6zv3HD) is not within the allowed path(s): (/vservers/fametrics) in /vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/uploadForm_functions.php on line 77 Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/php6zv3HD) is not within the allowed path(s): (/vservers/fametrics) in /vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/uploadForm_functions.php on line 77 Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/php6zv3HD): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/uploadForm_functions.php on line 77 Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php6zv3HD' to '/vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/uploads/eorza.jpg' in /vservers/fametrics/htdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/uploadForm_functions.php on line 77 Error moving uploaded file!

Paths are all correct, so I'm thinking it's something the server is belching at. I'm sure all that mess is trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure what! Any Ideas?

Re: [Cathy] Upload Error

By Dave - May 22, 2008

Hi Cathy, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

It sounds like you're web host is mis-configured. Email them this and see if they can help:

"Hello web host,

When I upload files with PHP I get this error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/php6zv3HD) is not within the allowed path(s): (/vservers/fametrics)

Can you fix it so PHP can read files uploaded by PHP? Or let me know how can I disable the open_basedir? Thanks!

If you're web host can't help we'll try to find a way to work around it by modifying the software.

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Upload Error

By Cathy - May 22, 2008

Thanks Dave. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Re: [Cathy] Upload Error

By Dave - June 5, 2008

Cathy,

Glad to hear it's working! And thanks for posting back to let us know what happened. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com