List and page viewer in a single page

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 30, 2008   (RSS)

By jconnect - May 30, 2008

Hi there,

Let me explain the layout of my site:

I have a products page which outlines two main products. The outline text is managed through the CMS via a page viewer and a list viewer generates the links for the products. When you click on either product, it takes you to a product_details page viewer which loads the appropriate record.

On all my pages I also have a page viewer to the right side which just has some sidebar text.

Everything works great except that when I click on the second product in the products page (and the URL has record # 2 in it), I get an error at the top as follows:

"Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/content/.../product_details.php on line 22"

Also, the side bar text will then not be visible.

The code at the top of the page is:

"<?php

require_once "/home/content/c/p/a/cpagee/html/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";

list($product_listRecords, $product_listDetails) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'product_list',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'limit' => '1',
));
$product_listRecord = $product_listRecords[0]; // get first record

list($sidebarRecords, $sidebarDetails) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'sidebar',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'limit' => '1',
));

$sidebarRecord = $sidebarRecords[0]; // get first record
?>"

It looks to me like the viewer is trying to see record 2, which of course won't exist for a single page viewer. I tried putting this line " $options['recordNum'] = @$listRows[0]['sidebarDetails'];" before the sidebar line to get the first record but no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: [jconnect] List and page viewer in a single page

By Dave - May 30, 2008

Hi jconnect,

So the sidebar section is a single page/record menu right?

Try removing this line "'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1), " from the sidebar code and add the @ to hide errors so you end up with this:

list($sidebarRecords, $sidebarDetails) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'sidebar',
'limit' => '1',
));

$sidebarRecord = @$sidebarRecords[0]; // get first record

Let me know if that fixes it. If not we'll keep trying.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] List and page viewer in a single page

Hi Dave,

That did it exactly! I am assuming that if no 'where' parameter is specified, it just defaults to the first record? Thanks a million, especially for the super fast response!

Re: [Dave] List and page viewer in a single page

Thank you for the clarification. I look forward to really getting into this product!

J