I'm a web develper who uses templates and want to implement CMS

5 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 16, 2008   (RSS)

By Cordelia - May 21, 2008

I would love to hear from some other developers that use it and see what their experience has been as well as see sample site.

Tx!
Cordelia

Cordelia Blake Web Design
phone: (678) 860-3754
fax: (678) 840-7737
cordelia@cordeliablake.com
www.CordeliaBlake.com

Re: [Cordelia] I'm a web develper who uses templates and want to implement CMS

By Dave - May 21, 2008

Hi Cordelia, welcome to the forum! :)

You can see a list of recently launched CMS Builder sites by other developers here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P60758/

And I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just let me know! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Cordelia] I'm a web develper who uses templates and want to implement CMS

By Perchpole - May 22, 2008

Hi, Cordelia -

I'm a web developer currently in the process of constructing the second of two sites using CMS Builder. The system feels a bit quirky at first but -once you get into it - it's delightfully flexible! If you're prepared to experiment and use a bit of imagaination you can do pretty much anything.

The only thing I'd say against the system right now is that the documentation is far too light. I have a notion that I can make the system sing to pretty much any tune I choose and yet the documentation barely scratches the surface. I'm sure the developers hope we'll use this forum to look for answers - but that process can be a little hit-n-miss.

That said, there's no doubt that CMS Builder is neat, flexible tool which I believe could mature into an indispensible aid for web developers - espcially those looking for idiot-proof CMS systems for their clients.

:0)

Perchpole

Re: [InHouse] I'm a web develper who uses templates and want to implement CMS

By chassa2556 - June 16, 2008

the system certainly has potential but because there is little hand-holding to begin with on how to implement CMSB within a bespoke site I have found it quite a headache to do our first site. I would rather get off to a flying start than to have to to and fro to the forum in the hope of getting my (often quite rudimentary) question answered - developers please note.