in Admin section, returning to last page used after record edit

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 20, 2008   (RSS)

By Codee - May 19, 2008

Hello Dave and Co.,
One of my clients, using CMSv1.09 (not upgraded), would like a modification in the Admin section. Right now, after a record is loaded and modified in the "inventory" section, her position in the section defaults to the first page of the inventory section. She has many pages (lots of inventory!) and doesn't want to scroll through all the inventory after each modification. She would prefer it to return to the inventory list page that she was on before modifying that particular record. I did not see any related settings in the admin panel, nor found this query in the interactivetools.com forums.

Thanks in advance!

Terry

Re: [equinox69] in Admin section, returning to last page used after record edit

By Dave - May 20, 2008

Hi Terry,

That makes a lot of sense. We'll add that for the next version. I'll post back here if it's a simple enough change that you can make yourself.

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] in Admin section, returning to last page used after record edit

By Codee - May 20, 2008

Dave, I'd like to upgrade this client from v1.09 to the current version. Do you think it would be a smooth upgrade or is there enough differences to cause it to "break". We haven't modified her stuff BUT if the coding for viewers changed dramatically it could cause some challenges, or not?

Thanks!

Re: [equinox69] in Admin section, returning to last page used after record edit

By Dave - May 20, 2008

It shouldn't be a problem. All the old viewer code is still supported so it should just be a simple upload. Just follow the upgrade instructions.

Since we're doing some custom work for you right now already I could upgrade the site for you if you'd like and be on hand if there was any issues.

Let me know what's easiest.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com