Possible Bug - CMS .14/.15, needs attention

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 20, 2008   (RSS)

By Codee - May 20, 2008

Dave and Co.,

After an upgrade to cms builder 1.15, an issue arose. Working in the Inventory section where a user adds records we have a "category" list set up. Some of the selections are 1 word and some are multiple words (example: Antiques, Porcelain and Pottery, Camera and Photo). Apparently on some of the list choices the system works fine. On others where a category list is chosen, if you go back in to modify the record after working with it, the list choice for "category" defaults back to '<select>'. This doesn't happen, say with "Porcelain and Pottery" but it does happen with "Camera and Photo" and several other terms.

Re: [equinox69] Possible Bug - CMS .14/.15, needs attention

By Dave - May 20, 2008

I couldn't reproduce that locally with those category names.

Could you email me the section name and CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com so I can try and reproduce it on your end? (Email, don't post login details to the forum).

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Codee - May 20, 2008

absolutely. Thanks!

Terry

By Dave - May 20, 2008

Hi Terry,

I figured this one out. It looks like some extra whitespace and tab characters got added on the end of some of the list options in the field editor. Probably if the list was cut and pasted in from some other file they got included.

When this extra whitespace was in a pulldown option then Firefox treated it different from IE (which would remove it) and even though the value would get set to "Cameras, Etc " it wouldn't show that value when you loaded the record again.

Short story - good bug find! That's probably an issue that will come up for other users when they cut and paste in list options. I've added code to the next version to automatically remove trailing space characters and patched that on your server directly.

Everything should work correctly now.

Let me know if you need anything else on this one.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com