How to change user rights?

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 8, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [einslistir] How to change user rights?

By Dave - May 8, 2008

You can safely give the customer administrator access to a section without giving them access to the admin menu. Would it work to give the custom admin access to all sections (doesn't include the admin menu) or that particular section? Or will there be multiple users in that section whose content you want to keep separate from each other?

And for the interface design, yes, we have a design in the works with a left navigation that will allow more sections to be displayed at the same time. Also, if you like you can design your own interface and use that by modifying the /lib/menu/header.php or footer.php file.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] How to change user rights?

By einslistir - May 8, 2008

Thanks, Dave - once again! I figured out how to change the user rights, just as you mentioned. Of course!

Regarding the administration layout, I just would like to know, how I change the view of the sections at the top. Isn’t it a little bit risky for me to try changing the header or footer file in /lib/menu/?

Re: [einslistir] How to change user rights?

By Dave - May 8, 2008

Just make a backup first of header.php and footer.php. Then you can change back if you have a problem.

If you look in /lib/menus/header.php there's a setting ($maxMenus = 5) that lets you set how many menus to display before showing the dropdown.

Also, in /lib/menus/home.php there's a setting ($showHomeMenu = false) that you can set to "true" to show a menu list on the homepage (the page you see when you first login and when you click the top left logo).

These are undocumented features for advanced users but maybe they'll be of help? Hope so. If it breaks just use your backups.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com