CPU and CMSBuilder

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 5, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [Djulia] CPU and CMSBuilder

By Dave - May 4, 2008

The viewer code is pretty light with minimal MySQL queries. Are you noticing an increase in CPU Usage or having any issues with it?

We have some ideas for implementing caching (such as WP-Cache) but haven't had a need yet.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CPU and CMSBuilder

By Djulia - May 5, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to use CMS Builder with several editors (and the visitors), but my server (mutualized hosting) authorizes only 5 simultaneous connections with the MySQL database.
I think that the use of a plugin as WP-Cache can prevent the problems.

Your opinion ?

Thanks,

Djulia

By Dave - May 5, 2008

If you're not sure if your server can handle the load I'd set up a test viewer and display it on every page. Or even load the same viewer multiple times on each page. It might only output a single character or output content in an html comment. The idea is to test your server resources.

MySQL servers can often handle hundreds of queries per second so you might find it's not a problem at all.

But in any case, we do have some plans for a caching mechanism for a future version. It will probably something that you can toggle on or off on a per viewer basis.

Hope that helps, let me know the results of your test.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CPU and CMSBuilder

By Djulia - May 5, 2008 - edited: May 5, 2008

Thank you Dave for your answer. [:)]
I will make tests.

Another question.

It would be possible to obtain the editors who are currently connected ?

For example:

Is connected : Dave, Djulia, etc…

Thanks,

Djulia

By Dave - May 5, 2008

No, the software doesn't do anything like that currently.

You'd need to do that yourself or have us do it as a custom job. Or maybe find a free script that does it (I'd search for "who's online script" or "online now script").

Basically you need something that updates an entry in a database everytime they load a page. We didn't add anything like that because we wanted to keep database queries to a minimum.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com