Menu as link page?

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 28, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [einslistir] Menu as link page?

By Dave - April 28, 2008

Hi einslistir,

You could certainly create a section in CMS Builder for "Links" with fields for "Link Title", "Link URL", etc and then display them in a variety of ways.

The first step is to create an html mockup showing what you want it to look like for web visitors. Once you have perfected the design you can add CMS Builder code to automate the management of the content.

Hope that helps, let me know what you have a mockup ready and we can help you with the next step.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Menu as link page?

By einslistir - April 28, 2008

What I actually wanted to do, is to get some 25-30 links on the same page. In the homepage administration I would like to make it easy for the editors to create new links. I know this could be made in the WYSIWYG editor, but I want it to be without this editor. I think it is simpler for the editors to do it that way. Do you more understand my request now?

Re: [einslistir] Menu as link page?

By Dave - April 28, 2008

No problem. The simplest way to do that would be to create a new custom section with text fields for "Link Title", "Link URL" and then have one record per link. Then display a list of all the links on your homepage.

You wouldn't need to use the wysiwyg at all.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com