Limit buttons in TinyMCE3?

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 28, 2008   (RSS)

By matrix - April 3, 2008

Which is the file to modify for limiting access to some of the tools in TinyMCE3?

We'd like to allow the editor for some fields, but can't do it without limitations. We feel we have a responsibility to the client not to allow staff to play with all the fun stuff there and break their nice, new design. It's happened before...too tempting, apparently.
[:)]

Thanks!
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [matrix] Limit buttons in TinyMCE3?

By Dave - April 3, 2008

It's in /lib/menus/default/edit_functions.php. Search for "tinyMCE.init" and look for these lines just below:

// Define buttons: Button codes: http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Control_reference
theme_advanced_buttons1 : "formatselect,fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline, ...
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "forecolor,backcolor,|,link,unlink,anchor,|,hr,image, ...

Don't forget to make a backup copy of the file first. Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Limit buttons in TinyMCE3?

By matrix - April 3, 2008

Wonderful! Thank you.
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [roddruce] Limit buttons in TinyMCE3?

By Dave - April 28, 2008

Glad it's working! Let me know if you run into any more troubles with it. It's strange that adding the extra divider broke it. I couldn't re-create that on my end but it may have been fixed in a more recent TinyMCE version.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com