Menu & Screen Resolution (post your feedback)

14 posts by 7 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 29, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder Menu & Screen Resolution (post your feedback)

By aev - April 8, 2008

Hi!

We would really like to see a more modern design for the CMS Builder admin pages!

We are not concerned about using a wider design, and vote for a Left Nav Menu system.

-AEV

By InHouse - April 8, 2008

My $0.02 worth...

A left column nav would make sense to me. Standardizing on 1024px wide is not unreasonable these days, and will just become more so as time goes on.

I would agree that a face lift for the Admin area would be nice. The current system will certainly confuse my clients who will perceive a different value for the editors in the drop down list vs. the 5 visible options in the horizontal nav bar.

J.

By Chris_t - April 9, 2008

I would say the left side menu makes sense. I have had clients not like how this drop down menu works as it stands.

have a great day

Chris

Re: [Dave] Notice: Menu & Screen Resolution (post your feedback)

By rasbro - April 21, 2008

Left side menu is my vote, and 1024x768 makes sense for screen resolution.

Brian

By Dave - April 22, 2008

Thanks everybody for their feedback on this. I've found a design I'm going to go with. It has a left based nav and it's pretty nice. You'll see it soon in a future release!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Menu & Screen Resolution (post your feedback)

By Codee - April 24, 2008

why not, upon setup or login, give an option for the main menu (read: user choice). Then, depending upon the choice at setup it uses a different set of files...but of course, in future upgrades CMS core would have to detect the current setup, or bad things can happen.

Re: [equinox69] Menu & Screen Resolution (post your feedback)

By Dave - April 24, 2008

More menu styles and options means more testing, support and programming. So I want to limit it to one, but certainly if you have a particular design that you want to use, we can give you some tips on updating the header and footer php files that make up the menu.
interactivetools.com

By aev - May 12, 2008

Thanks everybody for their feedback on this. I've found a design I'm going to go with. It has a left based nav and it's pretty nice. You'll see it soon in a future release!

Do you have an estimated release date for this to share with us? This month, next month or several months away?? [cool]

-aev-

Re: [aev] Notice: Menu & Screen Resolution (post your feedback)

By Dave - May 12, 2008

This feature (the new design) has been sidetracked by some other priorities. It could be a ways off yet. I want to add subcategory support first (a section that can support subcategory lists). If you want to create your own design for a left nav UI (even a simple one) I'd be happy to help you make it work.

Hope that helps.
interactivetools.com