Replace same field in all records.

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 1, 2008   (RSS)

By Mowbray - March 30, 2008

Hi,
This forum is getting a lot of posts from me these days.

I was wondering if it was possible to take a field like "web_url" that is in ever product listed in productList.php and replace it with a specific value.

For instance, I want to direct anyone who would click a link that would use web_url to contact_usPage.php instead. So I'd need to replace all of the "web_url"s in all of the product records to say "contact_usPage.php" instead of whatever they contain.

Is there a moderately simple way to do this?

Thanks,

Re: [Mowbray] Replace same field in all records.

By Dave - March 31, 2008

Hi Mowbray,

If you needed to update _every_ record, the simplest might just be to hardcode the value into the viewer php page. So instead of <?php echo $record['web_url'] ?> you'd put in the url to contact_usPage.php. Would that work?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Replace same field in all records.

By Mowbray - March 31, 2008

Yes... but...
It would work, I could just hard code it in, but that would eliminate any changes becoming visible. It's meant to be a temporary thing until the client has time to enter in the ACTUAL url that she wants to link to.

So if the record hadn't had a new entry put in by the client it would direct to the contact page, but if she has had time to enter a url in that record it would direct to whatever she enters.

Re: [Dave] Replace same field in all records.

By Mowbray - April 1, 2008

That worked perfectly Dave,
Thanks again.