Using CMS Builder with SlideshowPro

12 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 11, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [kevbarker] Using CMS Builder with SlideshowPro

By matrix - March 11, 2008 - edited: March 11, 2008

Thanks.

I'm working on a site we need to deliver in the next week so, for this one, I think we can use the workaround we've used for SlideShow Pro in ArtMan. It doesn't permit loading additional photos, but by naming the images 01.jpg, 02.jpg.... and designating a separate directory for each slideshow's uploads, we can provide the ability for clients to remove and replace (in that order) as long as they observe the naming convention.

And now that Dave has included a separate "thumbs" directory, this should work even better than before. Of course, I'm saying all this before implementing a slideshow for this project, but don't see why this approach won't be successful. Will know shortly.

I hear you on the price. I recommend going for the 12-pack right away, if you can. I did and am stocked up for at least the next few sites. I had to swallow hard before doing it, but after looking at the numbers, it was a no-brainer for us. I know we're going to use CMS Builder for many more sites than we did ArtMan (which we used a lot) just because of the flexibility. Am liking it. Anyhow, I think it simply has to be written into the bid for any client who needs a truly reliable CMS.

Thanks again for the input and please keep us posted.

PS: Cute site! Well done!
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999