is there anymore documentation or templates to play with?

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 11, 2008   (RSS)

By alfie.romeo - March 10, 2008

i didn't think i would but i am struggling. in particular with the generate a viewer side of things. do i need both portions of code? i created a index.php doc in my demo and pasted this code in but how does navigation schemes work etc...the setup procedure is documented and this was a doodle but now there seems to be no more.

i was fine with AM1 (not so much AM2) so just wondered if there was any more (a bit more comprehensive) documentation i can work through?

thanks

Re: [alfie.romeo] is there anymore documentation or templates to play with?

By Dave - March 10, 2008

Creating an entire site navigation (especially if it's complex) can be a bit more involved with CMS Builder.

The best way to start is to create a single section, such as News Release or Events, etc. Often you might have a hard coded navigation and then multiple sections powered by CMS Builder.

Basically the "list page" gives you a list of records and the "viewer page" shows just one record.

If you have a mockup or url that shows the kind of page or section you are trying to update I could walk to you through it.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [matrix] is there anymore documentation or templates to play with?

By alfie.romeo - March 11, 2008

thanks for your reply matrix

i just need more time to get into it i think. my 10 day trial is almost up though.

Re: [alfie.romeo] is there anymore documentation or templates to play with?

By Dave - March 11, 2008

Just a reminder, If you decide to continue on the monthly subscription ($19.95/mo) you still have 90 days where you can credit subscription fees towards a full license, or get a full refund.

And if there's anything else you need help with, just let us know. The easiest is when you can post a link to a mockup page you want to update with your cms.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com